One of the things that keeps people from developing and changing life is the fear of failure and the lack of self-confidence to overcome this fear. The question is how to overcome fear? It is necessary to develop and gain self-confidence. There are 25 tips for gaining confidence.
All these methods are not revolutionary, but they are effective. The list is certainly not exhaustive. And you don’t have to do everything as if it’s a recipe ... choose those tips that you like best and try them.
So, tips on developing self-confidence:
1. Find your soul mate. Often, the closest person can bring joy and confidence to your life, support you in difficult times.
2. Change the style of clothing. If you are well dressed and presentable, you will feel accordingly. Dress so that every day you like yourself 100% and periodically change the style of clothing. You don’t have to wear a suit for $ 500, you can wear casual clothes that look nice and presentable, sometimes you’ll be happy with new clothes.
3. Look at yourself. Stand in front of the mirror and look at yourself. Try to find what you like, and vice versa, what you would like to remove. Now try using your hair, makeup or clothes to make your strengths in your appearance or figure more pronounced and make your weaknesses less noticeable. If you do not know how to do this, read the advice of experts on the Internet, see how famous people of your type dress up.
4. Think positively. You can only change one thing in yourself, and your whole life will change. Try to change your mindset. Try to look at yourself and the world around you with a new look, more calm and positive. Now it’s popular to read about the power of thought, as it really works. Do not judge either yourself or others. Accept yourself and others as they are, and try to see positive points in everything.
5. Become a person. You must learn to think, speak and act independently. Many people have patterned thinking or collective thinking. Try to stand out from the crowd and confidence will grow in you. Learn to defend your point of view or the ability to insist on your own.
6. Get to know yourself. To defeat the enemy you need to know him well. You cannot conquer fear without knowing it, without looking into its eyes. Keep a diary about yourself and your thoughts, try to be honest with yourself. Then analyze all the thoughts and events of the last days, weeks, perhaps you will see a causal relationship. And then start thinking positively about yourself, about the changes that you want to make in yourself. Think about what is stopping you from changing or taking a new step, are these restrictions real or are they just invented by you.
7. Not only think, but act. In addition to positive thinking, you must activate it. Acting is the key to developing self-confidence. First you learn to think positively, after that your actions change. You are what you do, and therefore, if you change what you do, you will change what you are.
8. Be kind and generous. Being kind to others is a powerful way to improve self-esteem. You start to feel good, thinking that you are a good person.
9. Know your principles and goals. Do you have principles? What principles is your life built on? What are you aiming for? If you can not easily answer these questions, then think about who you are, why you are in world. A principled person is a confident person. Someone who knows the short-term and long-term goals of his life is a successful and complete person.
10. Speak slowly and clearly. Such a simple thing, but it can influence how others perceive you. Strong people speak calmly and slowly, they are confident in themselves. Try to work with your speech, because almost all people have pauses and hitches (uh, umm, etc.), remove them, as well as the words (well, like, here). Also, say what you think and think what you say.
11. Improve posture. Try to always keep your back straight, do not slouch.
When you walk with a flat back, when you look forward and not to the ground, it gives you confidence, and also it looks good from the outside. Rehearse in front of the mirror, improve not only your posture, but also your mood and even well-being.
12. Set a small goal and reach it. People often make the mistake of setting very high goals for themselves, and then, when they fail, they lose heart. Instead, set yourself more realistic goals and try to reach them. With each victory you will gain confidence in yourself.
13. Change some habits. Try not to tackle one big habit, such as smoking. And engage in small habits, for example, waking up 30 minutes earlier than usual or leaving work on time. Something small that you know exactly what you can do. Do this for a month. When you achieve a result, you will feel much better than when you first began to change yourself.
14. Focus on solutions. If you like to complain or focus on your problems, then change it right now. Start focusing on problem solutions, not the problems themselves. If your mind is “I'm lazy” how can this help you? Begin to think "Where can I get energy and how to waste available energy less."
15. Smile. Try to start to smile more often. Everything in your life is not as bad as you you think, and there is always a reason to smile or rejoice. Be joyful and positive. By this you will help not only yourself, but also those around you.
16. Be grateful. Be thankful for what you have in life, what others have given you. Be sincerely grateful and people will feel it in you.
17. Self-education. Investing in yourself is one of the best strategies for building self-confidence. You can do it in different ways, but one of the most reliable ways to expand your capabilities is through knowledge. The Internet is an excellent tool, but there are also books, magazines, and educational institutions.
18. Watch yourself. Notice how you gesture, move, how you stand. Look in the eyes of the interlocutor. Do you interrupt the interlocutor. Do you like to give advice to others, while complaining about your life? Be honest with yourself and then a lot can change.
19. Get active. Doing something is always better than not doing anything. Of course, by doing something, you can fail or make a mistake ... but mistakes are part of life, we learn from mistakes. Without overcoming mistakes and problems, we will never become strong. So do not worry about them. Just start doing something - sports, creativity, doing your own thing, raising children, traveling, learning a foreign language - whatever you want, as long as your life has a meaning and is filled with new colors.
20. In the forefront. Often people try to occupy a place in the last rows - like it is a lecture, a presentation or a meeting. This is caused by a subconscious fear of being noticed. Conquer such a desire and develop the habit of constantly sitting down in the first or, in extreme cases, in the second row.
21. Establish contacts. Learn to communicate, first make contact, establish new acquaintances. This will help to relax, gain more self-confidence and expand the circle of friends, and therefore opportunities.
22. Public speaking. Public speaking helps to develop self-confidence. Most people try to wriggle out of them, do not be afraid to ask questions to others.
23. No comparisons with others. It makes no sense to compare yourself with others and engage in self-sufficiency. Compare only yourself today with yourself yesterday.
24. Praise each other. Unfortunately, we hear praise and compliments to our address very often, although, we all deserve it. Our confidence suffers greatly from this. Be the first to say compliments and praise the other, and this will return to you.
25. Spiritual practice. Spiritual practice will help not only to deal with your fears and self-doubt, but also to know yourself and the goals of life, to find peace and harmony in life, to work with your character.
Some advices may seem useful to you, some not. The main thing is to start doing something, start changing and start a new life. Try it and you will definitely be able to develop self-confidence, and most importantly, change yourself and your life!