1. Deep or abdominal breathing
It is known to be the most effective breathing technique for taking control over our nervous system and keeping the stress level low.
- Sit straight on the floor and place your hands on your chest and abdomen one by one.
- Start inhaling through your nose and exhaling through your mouth.
2. Stimulating breath or belows breath
This is the modified version of a certain yogic breathing exercise.
- Sit comfortably on the floor and start breathing through your nose quickly.
- Try to complete a cycle of 3 breath-ins and breath-outs every second.
3. Equal breathing or Sama Vritti
This is the sort of balanced breathing technique that should be practiced every night before going to bed.
- Find a place where you can sit comfortably by keeping your spine straight.
- Now, start breathing in and breathing out through your nose, while counting 1 to 4 each time.
4. Relaxing breath or 4-7-8 exercise
It is one of the simplest breathing techniques that can be practiced anytime anywhere for tranquilizing the nervous system and staying relaxed.
- Start with sitting straight and planting the tip of your tongue on the upper palate present right behind the teeth.
5. Progressive relaxation
When it comes to feeling relaxed right from the head to toe, this breathing exercise works the best.
- Sit on the floor by keeping your spine erect and eyes closed.
- Now, focus on tensing as well as relaxing various muscle groups of your body one by one.