12 Myths About Healthy Eating
The topic of a healthy lifestyle and healthy eating is more popular than ever, and around it there are many versatile myths and conflicting opinions. What to believe? In this article we will consider the 12 most popular myths and try to dispel them.
1. You can eat as much protein as you like and nothing will happen.
Any kilocalories eaten above the norm will become fat. And it does not matter, it is proteins, fats, or carbohydrates.
2. All proteins are equally beneficial to the body.
Proteins can be of plant or animal origin. Animals contain more amino acids and therefore they need to be preferred. Vegetarians believe that there are far fewer nutrients in meat, so you only need to eat vegetable fats. Doctors believe that the ration should include both of them, but it is advisable to eat more plant food.
3. The more protein, the more muscle.
For muscle growth you need to eat proteins, fats and carbohydrates in equal amounts.
4. For one eating you should not eat more than 30 grams of protein.
So much protein you can eat. 30 grams is only an amount that fully helps to recover. But extra proteins are also digested without any problems. The main thing is to keep within the daily calories intake.
5. Diet should be tough and strict.
For beginners it is desirable to make a small deficit of calories. This will help avoid breakdowns.
6. You can follow the diet of another person and achieve the same results.
Each person must choose a diet for her/himself individually. It depends on height, weight, activity and state of health.
7. Diet should be as varied as possible.
Various must be vitamins, minerals and other beneficial substances. It is not necessary to invent a large number of recipes - the main thing is that the products do not bother.
8. You can burn fat with special corsets, wraps and food wrap.
Corset will not reduce the waist - it depends on genetics. Wraps only improve the condition of the skin. A workout with food wrap is harmful to the cardiovascular system.
9. Protein powder - dope, which turns a person into a muscle cube.
Powder or whey protein is the same protein found in chicken, eggs.
10. The most useful is olive oil.There is actually not much omega-3 in it. More benefit you will get with flaxseed oil. Corn oil is also very helpful.
11. Butter - a harmful product that must be excluded from the diet.
If you buy butter 82.5%, consisting only of cream, then everything will be fine. Butter is a source of saturated fats that the organism needs.
12. It is necessary to exclude from the diet all sorts of harmful sweets and starchy foods.
You can devote 15-20% of the daily calorie intake to your favorite foods. This will help avoid breakdowns. Stop believing myths that ignorant people impose. You always need to know the measure in the restrictions and appreciate your health.