For health and relaxation: how to give yourself a neck and shoulder massage
Incorrect posture, uncomfortable workplace, carrying heavy bags - all this influences the state of your health. Nevertheless, you can ease the pain with a simple but effective self-massage.
This simple self-massage exercise acts on the focus of tension in the muscles and relaxes them gently and effortlessly. You can try it almost anywhere and anytime. Try to focus on areas that you feel most tense, work slowly, methodically, but most importantly - push on the right points.
1. Tilt the head back, with palms and fingers of each hand compress the neck at the base on both sides.
Care for the spine. After self-massage of the neck, you can begin to tilt your head, but at the same time continue to massage your neck.
Keep the head tilted for 10 seconds, then return it to the vertical position. The more intense and longer you will do this exercise, the better will be your condition after self-massage. In addition, this exercise perfectly helps the spine.
2. Stroke your hands up and down the back of your neck to warm this part of your body. Then use your fingers to make a deep circular pressure around the neck area. It is important to remember that it is harmful to put pressure on the spine itself.
3. Place your left hand on your right shoulder and squeeze the muscle. Keep your hand tight and slowly turn your shoulder back. Carrying out this exercise, you will feel how strained muscles will relax. Repeat the exercise with your right hand on your left shoulder.
4. Now you can squeeze the left shoulder to improve blood circulation in this zone. Maintain the left elbow with your right hand for comfort and keep your wrist free and flexible while doing self-massage. Repeat this exercise on each shoulder for ten to fifteen minutes.
5. You can also start to press your fingers hard enough from the center of the chest to the neck, this also helps improve blood circulation.
Four main reasons for self-massage practice:
- You rejuvenate your body and mind. If you feel mentally or physically sluggish, then an energetic massage will be vitally important for the body and mind.
- You detoxify the largest organ of the body - the skin. We feel discomfort due to accumulated toxins. When you massage your body, you stimulate the washing out of contaminants and toxins through the skin.
- You stimulate the energy channels of your body, so you replenish the body with energy.
- You stay young. Self-massage improves the skin condition, its elasticity and elasticity.