Vegetarian picnic: how useful are grilled vegetables
Grilled vegetables are an excellent alternative to any fried foods. They retain their juiciness and all their taste qualities, and do not lose vitamins, which makes the vegetables on the grill not just tasty, but also very useful.
Another plus is that cooking vegetables is very easy. That's why they are considered a hit in the summer/fall menu for a picnic. You do not have to prepare marinades, just cut the vegetables and put them on a grate or string them on skewers. And for absolutely lazy ones - wrap in foil and put on coals.
We advise to buy vegetables in trustworthy places, and to choose only juicy and seasonal ones. The most suitable vegetables are zucchini, mushrooms, eggplant, asparagus, corn, Bulgarian pepper, tomatoes and onion. Tomatoes and peppers are better to cook without cutting or cutting in half. The rest is better cut into slices or simply cut in half.
Grilled Vegetables: Best Recipes
1. Grilled Tomatoes
3 yellow tomatoes
3 red tomatoes
3 tbsp. olive oil
2 tbsp. balsamic vinegar
1/4 tsp. ground pepper
1/4 tsp. salt
1) Take fresh tomatoes, cut in half. String the halves of tomatoes, alternating their colors. Mix the salt, pepper and olive oil, and grease the tomatoes.
2) Grill the tomatoes for 10 minutes, periodically turning them upside down. Remove from heat and put on a dish.
3) Cut the leaves of basil. Take the olive oil, mix it with the vinegar and add to the leaves. The resulting mixture of tomato fields and serve them to the table.
2. Grilled vegetables with basil dressing
4 sweet red peppers
4 young zucchini
3 large red onions
150 g of natural yoghurt or sour cream
100 ml of olive oil
1 tsp. grain mustard
juice of half a lemon
1) Cut the eggplants first in half, and then in 4 pieces. Sprinkle with salt and leave for 15 minutes. After that, wash and smear with olive oil.
2) Do the same with zucchini, but do not sprinkle with salt, just smear it with olive oil.
3) Peel the onions and cut them in large slices. Salt and grease with oil.
4) Cut the pepper into 6 parts, removing the seeds and stems. Also grease the pepper with oil.
5) Prepare the dressing. For this, finely chop the leaves of basil. Mix yoghurt or sour cream with olive oil, lemon juice and mustard. Add chopped basil and salt to taste. All this mixture is sent to the blender.
6) Put the vegetables on the grill and fry for 10 minutes, often turning over so they do not burn.
7) Lay the vegetables on the dish, let them cool off for a few minutes and add the dressing.
3. Vegetable shish kebab on the grill
600 g of young potatoes
200 g of mushrooms
100 g of marinated garlic
1 clove of garlic
100 ml of vegetable oil
1 tbsp. l. lemon juice
1) Wash and peel the mushrooms. Prepare marinade: mix lemon juice and finely chopped garlic. Marinate the mushrooms.
2) Peel and boil potatoes in salt water. Cool down and then cut into slices.
3) Peel the onions and cut each into 4 pieces. Break the quarters into pieces.
4) Do the same with garlic.
5) Take vegetable oil, add greens or spices to taste, leave for a few minutes.
6) Lubricate the skewers with vegetable oil.
7) Alternately string garlic, potatoes, onions and mushrooms on skewers.
8) Sprinkle with oil all the products, add pepper. You can add your favorite seasonings to taste.
9) Grill for about 10 minutes, often turning over.
10) Serve hot.